Sales of our popular Site Alert SA01 have now reached 27,000!
So, what’s the secret of these guys' popularity? The Site Alert is the living proof that good things come in small packages. Looks great, performs reliably and is a surprisingly tough cookie. Add the competitive price tag and bingo, you’re a winner!
Now in action worldwide, the Site Alert SA01 can be used as a stand alone unit or hard wire linked to form a system. Its family member the SA02 or Site Alert RF can be wirelessly linked to form a small wire free system, complete with continuous fault monitoring and automatic low battery warning.
Reliable, simple and tough - that's Howler!
As the dust begins to settle following the heart-breaking tragedy at Grenfell Tower, there remain many questions to answer, and no doubt it will be months before we have all the answers we need to make the changes we must make as a country. At this time our thoughts and prayers are with all those directly affected by this catastrophe.
Aside, however, from all the political implications, social discussions and the big question of culpability, we should all take this as a wake-up call in our organisations in relation to fire safety.
Yes, it really could happen to our people. What are we doing to reduce that risk?
So, where do you start your review of your fire safety strategy? The only place to start is with your Fire Risk Assessment. Dig it out, (hopefully you’ve got one – it’s a legal requirement!) and put aside some time to read through it carefully.
1) Are there any outstanding actions which you need to complete?
2) Are you doing everything that your Fire Risk Assessment says you do?
3) Have you made any assumptions which need revisiting?
4) Have there been any changes in the building, your processes or your people which could impact your fire safety arrangements?
5) Are you keeping up with your testing and maintenance programmes? Are you maintaining records?
6) Are you up to date with staff training and fire drills?
7) Have you a sufficiently robust paper trail to prove that you are meeting your legal obligations?
8) Do you need the help of a professional to answer any of the above questions?
When you’re done, you’ll need to document your Review and draw up a new Action Plan to address any of the concerns that you have raised. It is highly likely that you will want to ask for further advice or support, so feel free to give us a call on 0330 7000 777 or drop us a line.
There’s nothing wrong with not knowing the answers; there is everything wrong with not asking for help!page image attributed to Natalie_Oxford/Wikipedia
It has come to our notice that some D Cell alkaline batteries being used by customers as replacements in Howler Alarms are faulty and are causing damage and non-function due to leakage and corrosion.
We recommend the use of either GP Super or Duracell Industrial batteries in our Howler GoLink alarms to ensure the most efficient performance and longest battery life.
With more options than you can shake a stick at, the Howler Fire Post range is sure to meet your particular site requirements, whether you need maneuverability, higher security, site alarms or simply a highly visible location for your fire extinguishers and site plan. About the only thing it doesn't have is a coffee machine (well, you could if you wanted...!)
- high quality, anti-scratch signage
- large, easy to roll wheels
- comfy grip handles
- correct centre of gravity ensures stability
- choice of extinguisher brackets, basket or locking cabinet
- site plan holder with anti-scratch cover
- choice of Howler site alarms - stand alone or linking to others on site
- modular design enables the Fire Post to evolve with your changing needs
- compact - fits through a standard doorway
Watch the FirePost in action and check out the range and full spec HERE. If you want us to talk you through it, or give advice, either call us on +44 (0)330 7000 777 or click HERE to visit our 'contact us' page. Either way, we look forward to hearing from you!
Check out the latest addition to the Howler GoLink family - the new Alarmed Switch Cover! This little extra helps to prevent accidental or non-emergency activation so you can be sure that when the alarm sounds it's for real.
The cover has to be lifted in order to access the alarm switches, and has a separate, different sounding, alarm to deter non-genuine use. It also protects the switch gear from accidental knocks and bumps on a busy site.
The GoLink Alarmed Switch Cover can be ordered as an option on most of the GoLink range.....click here to find out more.
We are so excited about this fantastic new product, that we felt compelled to tell you about it as soon as the shroud of secrecy was lifted. Please click on the image below to view our brand-new video showing how Howler UK found a solution to an impossible situation.
Site safety isn't just about fire - that's why we introduced the Howler GoLink with First Aid Assistance. Now you'll be able to call for help using GoLink, and as the control panel will show the location of the incident, assistance will arrive as rapidly as possible: maybe making the difference between life and death for the victim. Separate call buttons ensure GoLink differentiates between 'fire' and 'accident' so there is no confusion, and options to link to an autodialler, or to activate all beacons on site, ensure GoLink will cater to your individual site needs.
Click here to see the Howler GoLink with First Aid Assistance in action...
The Howler GoLink evacuation alarm for construction projects has proved itself as a system that is incredibly simple to install and use despite its amazing capacity.
Add the Howler GoLink Interface unit, and you have fantastic versatility.
Linking to turnstiles, CCTV systems, existing alarm systems, autodialers and a host of other devices: that's just some of the uses for this tough box of tricks, making it welcome on any construction project. Using the Interface unit, activation of any GoLink Alarm can be set to release turnstiles, activate CCTV or connect to any other relevant system, to ensure your site evacuation is seamlessly integrated.
Because it is fully battery-operated, wirelessly linked and has an IP rated enclosure, the Howler GoLink Interface unit can be mounted where it is most convenient to avoid trailing cables which are in danger of being removed or damaged.
Got a situation where you feel the Howler GoLink System complete with interface unit could provide the answer? Please call us to discuss your challenge and to arrange a demonstration: 0330 7000 777 Or email us on email@example.com
The new Howler SafePost is purpose built to display your important fire, first aid, health, spill and general site safety information in one place in a professional, attention-grabbing manner.
- Portable, so it's easy to move from place to place as your site progresses
- Durable, so it will stand up to the rigours of site use
- Versatile, as it can be configured in many different ways, with options to suit your particular site
- Personalised, as you can add your own site plans, site rules and bulletins
- Cost-effective, as everything is in one place and you only buy what you need
It works as a safety 'hub' for the workers on your site and you can personalise it to suit the day-to-day changes - your site plans, your message for today.
Complementing the Howler Site Alert RF evacuation system, the new Site Alert RF Heat Detector gives you advanced warning when the the situation is getting too hot, and triggers the Howler Site Alert RF Alarms, giving everyone the message to get out.
Simple to configure and set up, this unit makes the Howler Site Alert RF system ideal for timber-frame projects where advanced warning is particularly important for a quick escape.
- simple to configure and re-configure using DIP switches - not need for complicated tablet and programming
- powered using easily sourced, low-cost alkaline batteries - not specialist, expensive battery packs
- disconnection and battery status reflected by the Site Alert RF master unit - know when there is a unit disconnected
- radio-linked via the Master unit to manual call-points for a fully wireless alarm system - no trailing wires